Manmohan Singh Age, Wife, Biography
Manmohan Singh Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography:- Manmohan Singh is an Indian Politician and Economist. He was born on 26 September 1932 in Gah, Punjab, British India (Now Punjab, Pakistan).Manmohan Singh Age 85 Years Old, He born in Gah, Punjab, British India (now Punjab, Pakistan). His Father Gurmukh Singh and Mother Amrit Kaur. He has two brothers Daljit Singh Kohli & Surinder Singh Kohli and four sisters Nirman Kaur, Gobind Kaur, Pritam Kaur & Gyan Kaur. Manmohan Singh is married to Gursharan Kaur since 1958.
Manmohan Singh Height 5 ft 6 in (168 cm) and Weight 73 Kg (161 Pounds). His Body Measurements are 40-34-13 Inches. Manmohan Singh Chest Size 40 Inches, Waist Size 34 Inches and Biceps Size 13 Inches.
He served as a Professor of International Trade at Delhi School of Economics from 1969-71.
• Owing to his talent as an Economist, he was appointed as an advisor to the Ministry of Foreign Trade in 1970.
• Singh was elected the Chief Economic Adviser in Ministry of Finance in 1972. He was on the post till 1976.
• He served as the Secretary in Finance Ministry from 1977 to 1980.
• Singh was appointed as Governor of Reserve Bank of India in 1982 and he served at the post till 1985.
• He then became the Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission of India in 1985, a post he held until 1987.
• From 1987 to 1990, Singh was the Secretary General of the South Commission, an independent policy think tank headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
• Singh was appointed as the advisor to Prime Minister of India on Economic Affairs in 1990.
• He then became the Chairman of the University Grants Commission in March 1991.
• P.V. Narasimha Rao, former Prime Minister of India, appointed Singh as the Finance Minister of India in June 1991. Singh was on the post until May 1996.
• In 1998, Indian National Congress named him the Leader of Opposition in Rajyasabha, the upper house of Parliament. Singh was in the chair until 2004.
• He was then elected as 13th Prime Minister of India in May 2004 and served the nation for two consecutive terms until May 2014.
Manmohan Singh Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography
|Real Name||Manmohan Singh|
|Political Journey||Indian National Congress|
|Date of Birth||26 September 1932|
|Birthplace||Gah, Punjab, British India (Now Punjab, Pakistan)|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Debut||After completing his D.Phil, Singh returned to India in 1966 and began working with United Nations Conference on Trade and Development|
|Height, Weight & Body Measurements|
|Height in Centimeters||168 cm|
|Height in meters||1.68 m|
|Height in Inches||5’ 6”|
|Weight in Kilograms||73 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||161 lbs|
|Body Measurements||40-34-13 Inches|
|Chest Size||40 Inches|
|Waist Size||34 Inches|
|Biceps Size||13 Inches|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family and Relatives|
|Brothers||Daljit Singh Kohli, Surinder Singh Kohli|
|Sisters||Nirman Kaur, Gobind Kaur, Pritam Kaur, Gyan Kaur|
|Affairs, Girlfriends and Marital Status|
|Wife/ Spouse||Gursharan Kaur (m.1958)|
|Daughter||Amrit Singh (Human Rights Lawyer)
Daman Singh (Writer)
Upinder Singh (Historian)
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||B.A. (Hons) in Economics
M.A. in Economics
The Economic Tripos
Doctorate in Philosophy
|College/ University||The Hindu College, Amritsar
Panjab University, Chandigarh
University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
Oxford University, Oxford, England
|Favorites Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favorite Actor||Not Available|
|Favorite Actress||Not Available|
|Favorite Color||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Not Available|
|Favorite Movie||Not Available|
|Net Worth||INR 11.6 Crore (as in 2013)|
|Salary||INR 50,000/ month (basic)|
|House Address||#3989, Nandan Nagar, Village Sarumotoria, Guwahati|
|Phone Number||Not Available|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- He was directly elected as the finance minister of India by the then Prime Minister P.V. Narasimha Rao with no political experience under his belt. He played quite a vital role as the Finance Minister by pushing the nation towards a Market Economy after it suffered an economic crisis in 1991. It was the time when India could afford just 2 weeks of import because the foreign reserves were just $1 Billion. For that, he freed Indian Economy from Licence Raj, a source of slow economic growth and corruption in India.
- He has been representing Assam in the Rajyasabha, the upper house of Parliament since 1991, which goes to a record five consecutive terms.
- Asiamoney and Euromoney conferred on him the Finance Minister of Year Award in 1993.
- Singh was the first Prime Minister of India since Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru to be re-elected after a full five-year term. He also became the first Sikh Prime Minister of India in May 2004.
- India, in 2007, under the Prime Ministership of Singh achieved its highest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate of 9% and became the second fastest growing major economy in the world.
- Sales Tax was replaced by the Value Added Tax (VAT) in 2005 by the Manmohan Singh government.
- Anti-reservation protests in India began after his government in 2006 proposed to reserve 27% of the total seats in Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), Indian Institute of Management (IIMs), and other central institutions for ‘Other Backward Classes.’